Writing and the Contemplative Mind
This weekend workshop explores the interface of writing with contemplative and mindfulness practices. Learn from experienced writers whose lectures and workshops will describe their personal experience with meditation, spirituality, and the contemplative mind. Meet and learn from writing colleagues who share your interest in how writing is linked to consciousness and transformation.
Click here to visit the website.
Keynote Presenters will include:
• Poet and essayist Jane Hirshfield
• Author, NPR radio contributor and professor Alan Cheuse
• Author, scientist and professor Michelle Francl
Break-out session topics will include:
• Introduction to the Progoff Journal Method
• Deepening Your Practice of Contemplative Methods
• Using Secularized Zen Koans in Writing
Friday, October 21, 2011 (2:00 pm)
through Saturday, October 22 (3:30 pm)
The Mason Inn on the campus of George Mason University Fairfax, VA
Free parking for participants.
Costs (tuition, meals, snacks):
• Before September 10, 2011: $195
• On or after September 10, 2011: $245
• Special room rate at Mason Inn available
To learn more and to register:
• Call 703-993-6090
• Email email@example.com