Deborah A. Daley
Educational Leadership, 2009 cohort
- Critical thinking skills and student achievement
- Greater Boston Undergraduate Psychological Research Conference (Wellesley, MA) (Certificate of Achievement)
- Excellence In Teaching Award
- District Literacy Coordinator
- Massachusetts Department of Education Award/Future Leaders (2003)
- National Gardening Association (2003)
- Saint-Gobain Corporation Foundation Grants (2006-2011)
- Massachusetts Cultural Council (2007, 2010)
What are your personal and professional hopes/goals for your PhD journey and beyond?
- To enhance student learning through critical thinking skills. To ensure that teachers have the concepts necessary to teach the skills that students need to communicate in the global world.
- To create systematic change within schools, through leadership roles, that enables the development of an educational environment for higher order thinking skills.
Has a particular book, author or thinker inspired your educational thinking?
Vygotsky has long been a thinker who has both impressed an inspired me for many years.